Last update: June 2021
In accordance with the legislation on the protection of personal data, in particular, the regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 (“RGPD”) and the law 78-17 of January 6, 1978 as amended, ROIBTEC Inc. is committed to protecting all personal information collected and used in its processing.
The ROIBTEC.COM website contains links that may redirect to third party pages that have their own privacy and cookie management policy. The policies of these third parties should be consulted.
In general, you can visit the ROIBTEC.COM website without disclosing any personal information about yourself. In any event, you are in no way obliged to transmit this information to ROIBTEC Inc.
However, in case of refusal, you may not be able to benefit from certain information or services that you have requested.
Indeed, ROIBTEC Inc. may be required in certain cases to ask you to enter your name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address and / or bank details.
In accordance with applicable regulations, ROIBTEC Inc. informs you of the following points:
Data “recipients” are natural or legal persons who receive communication of personal data. The recipients of the data can therefore be both staff members and external organizations (banking establishment, tax office, company mutual, etc.).
“Personal data” is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. A person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more specific elements specific to his physical, physiological, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity, is deemed to be identifiable.
“Data subjects” are people who can be identified, directly or indirectly, and whose personal data has been collected by the controller.
The “controller” means the natural or legal person, who determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. In practice, it is the Company.
“Processor” means any natural or legal person, who processes personal data on behalf of the controller. In practice, these are service providers with whom the Company works.
“Processing of personal data” is defined as any operation or set of operations, whether or not carried out using automated processes, applied to personal data, such as collection, recording, processing, organization, conservation, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, reconciliation or interconnection, as well as locking , erasure or destruction.
A “personal data breach” is understood to be a breach of security resulting, accidentally or unlawfully, in the destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal data transmitted, stored or processed by the Company.
3. Data controller
The person responsible for processing your personal data is ROIBTEC Inc., a joint-stock company incorporated under Canadian law under number 118434-6, whose registered office is located at the following address: 2300 Bentall 5, 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver V6C 2B5, BC, Canada.
The telephone number and e-mail address of ROIBTEC Inc. are as follows:
Telephone: (1) 604-398-3995 / Email address: [email protected].
4. Compliance with applicable principles
The processing of personal data implemented by ROIBTEC Inc. is carried out in accordance with the applicable rules and principles resulting in particular from the general data protection regulations or RGPD and the Data Protection Act.
Thus, in accordance with the provisions of Article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of site user data respects the following principles:
– Lawfulness, loyalty and transparency: data can only be collected and processed with the consent of their previously informed owner;
– Limited purposes: the collection and processing of data are carried out to meet one or more objectives determined in these general conditions of use;
– Minimization of data collection and processing: only the data necessary for the proper execution of the objectives pursued by the site are collected;
– Conservation of data reduced in time: the data is kept for a limited period of time in line with the purpose pursued;
– Integrity and confidentiality of data collected and processed: ROIBTEC Inc. undertakes to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data collected.
5. Processing of personal data
The data likely to be collected and processed by ROIBTEC Inc. are as follows:
– Civil status data: identity;
– Contact details: address, postal code, city, telephone number (landline and / or mobile), email address;
– Bank and billing data;
– Technical data: IP address (geolocation), type of equipment (computer, tablet, etc.) or software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, etc.), data relating to the customer account.
The data mainly comes from direct collections through:
– Internet browsing on the ROIBTEC.COM site;
– The data entered in particular through the forms on the ROIBTEC.COM website;
– Information provided by prospects or customers when creating a customer account and placing an order.
6. Legal bases and purposes of processing
The legal basis for the processing operations is based on these:
– Your consent;
– The proper performance of a contract or pre-contractual measures;
– Compliance with a legal obligation;
– The legitimate interests of ROIBTEC Inc .;
– The establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
ROIBTEC Inc. requests your authorization to send its marketing communications or to accept the subscription to its newsletters. You can freely oppose this processing by unsubscribing by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” link which is present in communications from ROIBTEC Inc.
ROIBTEC Inc. may process your personal data:
– for marketing purposes, in particular for the purposes of providing you with information relating to its products, promotional offers and the sending of newsletters;
– for the purpose of collecting information allowing us to improve its site (in particular by means of cookies) and / or its products and services;
– to manage your customer area and process your orders.
As necessary, it is specified that ROIBTEC Inc. does not intend to take a decision based exclusively on automated processing likely to produce legal effects significantly affecting the data subject. Any change in this regard will be subject to prior written communication.
In general, if ROIBTEC Inc. wishes to implement further processing of personal data for a purpose other than that for which the personal data were collected, it will provide you with information about this other purpose and any other relevant information in advance.
ROIBTEC Inc. uses personal data through the following main tools:
– This site on which, whose statistical analysis allows its optimization, whether in terms of content or its technology;
– Internal or external management tools, in order to administer customer areas and process orders.
7. Retention periods
ROIBTEC Inc. has established precise rules concerning the retention period of your personal data.
This duration varies according to the various legal and contractual constraints which weigh on it and according to its needs. This duration may vary depending on the category of data or processing concerned or your profile.
ROIBTEC Inc. will keep the data for a period not exceeding that necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
8. Summary table
9. Recipients of personal data
ROIBTEC Inc. is the main recipient of your personal data.
This data will be processed in Canada through its establishment.
This data may also be transferred to service providers and subcontractors of ROIBTEC Inc., namely:
– The company STRIPE – 354 Oyster Point Blvd – South San Francisco – CA94080, USA and the company PAYPAL – 2211 N 1st Street – San Jose – CA95131, USA, with regard to payment transactions;
– The company Canada Post and its partners, with regard to delivery operations.
The ROIBTEC.COM site is hosted in Canada by: DIGITAL OCEAN, 33 Bloor St E 5th Floor, Toronto, ON M4W 3H1
11. Rights regarding personal data
In accordance with the GDPR, you have the following rights regarding your personal data, which you can exercise by writing to one of the addresses mentioned in article 12.
These are individual rights which can only be exercised by you and in connection with your own personal data.
ROIBTEC Inc. undertakes to respond to your request for access, rectification, erasure, opposition or management of data in the event of death or any other additional request for information within a reasonable period of time which may not exceed 1 month from receipt of your request.
• Right of access and communication
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that ROIBTEC Inc. holds about you, except in cases where the disclosure of this data would violate the privacy of another person or if an exemption was to apply.
ROIBTEC Inc. informs you that it will be entitled, if necessary, to oppose manifestly unfounded or excessive requests (for example, by their number, their repetitive or systematic nature).
• Right of rectification
Under this right, you have the right to request the rectification, updating, blocking or even erasure of data concerning you which may prove to be inaccurate, erroneous, incomplete or obsolete.
In the event of a request for rectification, it will be sent to the department concerned and ROIBTEC Inc. will inform you, if applicable, that this rectification has been made.
• Right to erasure
You also have the option to contact us at any time to ask us to erase your personal data that we hold.
Any request for erasure of data will be studied in order to determine whether or not this erasure should be carried out. The right to erasure will not be applicable if the processing is implemented to meet a legal obligation.
If the processing of your personal data requires your consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
• Right to oppose
You have the right to oppose to our processing your personal data, in particular in the following cases:
– When the exercise of this right is based on legitimate reasons; or
– When the exercise of this right is intended to prevent the data collected from being used for commercial prospecting purposes.
• Right to data management in the event of death
Also, you can define general and specific directives relating to the fate of personal data after your death. Where appropriate, the heirs of a deceased person may require the death of their relative to be taken into account and / or the necessary updates to be made.
12. Minor visitors
Minors can access information on our site. However, the processing of personal data of a minor based on consent is only lawful, in principle, if the child is at least 15 years old. If this minimum age condition is not fulfilled, the consent of the holder of parental authority or the guardian of the minor must be obtained.
ROIBTEC Inc. undertakes to implement all appropriate technical and technological measures to protect your personal data (unauthorized, illegal access, disclosure, loss or destruction).
In the event that unauthorized access is observed, ROIBTEC Inc. undertakes to notify you as soon as possible, in order to minimize the impact and damage.
Any question or complaint relating to this may be addressed:
– by using the contact form available on the site;
– by e-mail to the address: [email protected];
– by phone at (1) 604-398-3995.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKERS
When you first connect to the ROIBTEC.COM website, you are warned by a banner at the bottom of your screen that information relating to your browsing may be saved in files called “cookies”.
You can accept or refuse the deposit of cookies at any time.
1. General information on cookies
A cookie is a small file stored by a server in a user’s terminal (computer, telephone, etc.) and associated with a web domain (that is, in most cases to all the pages of the same site web). This file is automatically returned on subsequent contacts with the same domain.
Cookies have multiple uses: they can be used to memorize your customer ID with a merchant site, the current content of your shopping cart, the display language of the web page, an identifier allowing your navigation to be traced to statistical or advertising purposes, etc.
There are several types of cookies:
Internal “necessary” cookies allow information to be saved between two visits to the same website on the same device. They allow you to save a shopping cart, login credentials or even interface customization elements. They do not require user consent.
“Statistical” cookies are used to track the actions of an Internet user on a website. When the statistics are anonymous (that is, not able to locate a person), the user’s consent is not required.
“Internal” or “first-party” cookies are placed by the site consulted. They can be placed in addition to the necessary cookies and can be used to collect personal data, track user behavior and be used for advertising purposes.
So-called “third party” cookies are cookies placed by (or for) a site B (often an advertising agency) on a site A: this allows site B to see which pages have been visited on site A by a user and to collect information about him.
The information stored on the terminal is theoretically limited to the domain during the visit. In practice, this is not always the case for “first-party” cookies deposited by the main domain. Indeed, web pages can integrate content from other domains.
2. General information on cookies on the ROIBTEC.COM site
ROIBTEC Inc., as publisher of this site, may proceed to the installation of a cookie on the hard drive of your terminal (computer, tablet, mobile etc.) in order to guarantee you a smooth and optimal navigation on our website.
To better inform you about the information that cookies identify, you will find below a list of different types of cookies likely to be used on the ROIBTEC.COM site, their name, their purpose as well as their retention period.
Cookies can be used for statistical purposes, in particular to optimize the services provided, from the processing of information concerning the frequency of access, the personalization of pages as well as the operations carried out and the information consulted.
– Identify you when you connect to its site;
– Gather information to send advertisements tailored to your interests;
– Collect analytical information to, for example, count the number of visitors to its website and identify the pages visited most often, which are used for marketing and resource planning purposes;
– Determine whether visitors easily adapt to changes that may be made to its website.
The information collected by the cookies used is as follows:
– IP adress ;
– Operating system (OS);
– Pages visited and requests;
– Time and day of connection.
Depending on the type of cookie in question, it may be imperative to collect your consent to deposit and read cookies on your terminal.
Cookies exempt from consent
Certain cookies are exempt from the prior collection of your consent insofar as they are strictly necessary for the operation of the website or have the exclusive purpose of enabling or facilitating electronic communication.
These include session ID, authentication, load balancing session cookies as well as cookies for customizing your interface. These cookies are fully subject to this policy insofar as they are issued and managed by ROIBTEC Inc.
Cookies requiring the prior collection of your consent
This requirement concerns cookies issued by third parties and which are qualified as “persistent” insofar as they remain on your terminal until their deletion or their expiration date.
As such cookies are issued by third parties, their use and storage are subject to their own privacy policies, which you will find a link to below. This cookie family includes audience measurement cookies (in particular GOOGLE ANALYTICS), advertising cookies (which ROIBTEC Inc. does not use) as well as social network sharing cookies (in particular from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn).
Audience measurement cookies establish statistics concerning the visits and use of various elements of the website (such as the content / pages you have visited). These data help improve the ergonomics of the ROIBTEC.COM site.
An audience measurement tool is used on this ROIBTEC.COM site:
Social network sharing cookies are issued and managed by the publisher of the relevant social network. Subject to your consent, these cookies allow you to easily share part of the content published online, in particular through a sharing application “button” depending on the social network concerned.
Four types of social network sharing cookies are present on the ROIBTEC.COM site:
o YouTube, whose help you will find to delete cookies from the Google Chrome browser by clicking on the following link: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/32050?hl=fr,
The maximum storage period for cookies is of 13 months after their first deposit in your terminal. A period of 6 months is provided for the retention period of your choice, whether it is a consent or a refusal. The lifespan of cookies is not extended on each visit. Your consent must therefore be renewed at the end of this period.
3 Configuration of your preferences on cookies
You have various tools for configuring cookies.
Most Internet browsers are configured by default so that the deposit of cookies is authorized. Your browser offers you the opportunity to modify these standard settings so that all cookies are systematically rejected or that only some of the cookies are accepted or refused depending on their issuer.
Your browser also allows you to delete existing cookies on your terminal or to notify you when new cookies are likely to be placed on your terminal. These settings have no effect on your browsing but make you lose all the benefit provided by the cookie.
Please read below the multiple tools available to you so that you can configure the cookies placed on your terminal.
Each Internet browser offers its own cookie management settings. To find out how to change your cookie preferences, you will find the links below to the help you need to access your browser menu provided for this purpose:
– Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
– Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies
– Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
– Opera : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
– Safari : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=fr_FR&locale=fr_FR